Раздел 1. Аудирование
A. TV may have a negative effect on learning.
B. TV should change in the future.
C. TV can teach a lot.
D. TV has many functions.
E. TV can ruin family life.
F. TV should be switched on and off in time.
G. TV can be a good friend.
Вы услышите радиопередачу о звездах современной рок-музыки. Определите, какие из приведенных утверждений A— G соответствуют содержанию текста (1 — True), какие не соответствуют (2 — False) и о чем в тексте не сказано, то есть на основании текста нельзя дать ни положительного, ни отрицательного ответа (3 — Not stated). Занесите номер выбранного Вами варианта ответа в поле справа. Вы услышите запись дважды.
1. Rock stars' income cannot be compared with income in any other professional category.
2. Some rock stars admit that they earn more than they deserve.
3. Being a good singer is more important than being lucky in show business.
4. Star fans are not happy when a rock star appears too often on TV and in movies.
5. Rock stars support charity programs in many different ways.
6. Most rock stars end their life in poverty.
7. The stage life of many rock stars is not long.
The girl's grandmother goes by the name of Elaine because
1. it is only natural to go by one's first name for a girl.
2. she didn't like her real first name and changed it when she grew up.
3. she wanted to avoid confusion with other female members in the family.
Elaine liked primary school because
1. she could be alone at least on the way to school.
2. her teacher always made her feel special.
3. she could learn more, listening to older kids.
Among Elaine's chores was
1. waxing the floors.
2. tidying the closets.
3. washing the dishes.
When in high school Elaine
1. proved to be a natural dancer.
2. couldn't learn to play basketball.
3. could take athletics with boys.
She got a chance to go to college because
1. her employer helped her to continue her education.
2. she earned enough money working at the creamery and at the cafeteria.
3. she got an academic scholarship.
She majored in
2. home economics education.
Elaine had a big family, and remembering her kids growing up
1. she feels sorry she had so many children.
2. she wishes she had more.
3. she believes it was a reward for all her previous problems.
Раздел 2. Чтение
1. A taste of everything
2. Shop till you drop
3. City's tourist attractions
4. Ancient traditions live on
5. Activities for the adventurous and hardy
6. On the crossroads of religions
7. For the body, mind and soul
8. From the high peaks to the deep seas
A. Today Jakarta has much to offer, ranging from museums, art and antique markets, first class shopping to accommodations and a wide variety of cultural activities. Jakarta's most famous landmark, the National Monument or Monas is a 137m obelisk topped with a flame sculpture coated with 35 kg of gold. Among other places one can mention the National museum that holds an extensive collection of ethnographic artifacts and relics, the Maritime Museum that exhibits Indonesia's seafaring traditions, including models of sea going vessels.
B. Sumatra is a paradise for nature lovers, its national parks are the largest in the world, home to a variety of monkeys, tigers and elephants. Facing the open sea, the western coastline of Sumatra and the waters surrounding Nias Island have big waves that make them one of the best surfer's beaches in Indonesia. There are beautiful coral reefs that are ideal for diving. For those who prefer night dives, the waters of Riau Archipelago offer a rewarding experience with marine scavengers of the dark waters.
C. Various establishments offer professional pampering service with floral baths, body scrubs, aromatic oils, massages and meditation; rituals and treatments that use spices and aromatic herbs to promote physical and mental wellness. Various spa hotels are extremely popular. Indonesians believe that when treating the body you cure the mind.
D. Jakarta has a distinctly cosmopolitan flavor. Tantalize your taste buds with a gastronomic spree around the city's many eateries. Like French gourmet dining, exotic Asian cuisine, American fast food, stylish cafes, restaurants all compete to find a way into your heart through your stomach. The taste of Indonesia's many cultures can be found in almost any corner of the city: hot and spicy food from West Sumatra, sweet tastes of Dental Java, the tangy fish dishes of North Sulawesi.
E. In the face of constant exposure to modernization and foreign influences, the native people still faithfully cling to their culture and rituals. The pre-Hindu Bali Aga tribe still maintains their own traditions of architecture, pagan religion, dance and music, such as unique rituals of dances and gladiator-like battles between youths. On the island of Siberut native tribes have retained their Neolithic hunter-gathering culture.
F. Whether you are a serious spender or half hearted shopper, there is sure to be something for everybody in Jakarta. Catering to diverse tastes and pockets, the wide variety of things you can buy in Jakarta is mind boggling from the best of local handicrafts to haute couture labels. Modern super and hyper markets, multi-level shopping centers, retail and specialty shops, sell quality goods at a competitive price. Sidewalk bargains range from tropical blooms of vivid colors and scents in attractive bouquets to luscious fruits of the seasons.
G. The land's long and rich history can't be separated from the influence of Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam and Christianity. There is one of the oldest Hindu temples in Java, the majestic Buddhist 'monastery on the hill', Borobudur, the largest Buddhist monument in the world. About 17 km away from this monastery is a 9th century temple complex built by the San jay a dynasty. Prambanan complex is dedicated to the Hindu trinity: Ciwa, Vishnu and Brahma. The spread of Islam also left interesting monuments such as the 15th century Minaret Mosque in Kudus.
Установите соответствие тем 1 — 7 текстам A — F. Занесите свои ответы в соответствующее поле справа. Используйте каждую цифру только один раз. В задании одна тема лишняя.
1. whatever it costs
2. most excellent impression
3. you have never heard of before, and nobody else either
4. in the first three years you do not need to learn or use any other adjectives
5. would never know it really well
6. far from being the whole vocabulary of the language
7. and all this
When I arrived in England I thought I knew English. After I'd been here an hour I realized that I did not understand one word. In the first week I picked up a tolerable working knowledge of the language and the next seven years convinced me gradually but thoroughly that I A _________________ , let alone perfectly. This is sad. My only consolation being that nobody speaks English perfectly.
Remember that those five hundred words an average Englishman uses are В _________________. You may learn another five hundred and another five thousand and yet another fifty thousand and still you may come across a further fifty thousand С _________________.
If you live here long enough you will find out to your greatest amazement that the adjective nice is not the only adjective the language possesses, in spite of the fact that D _________________.
You can say that the weather is nice, a restaurant is nice, Mr. Soandso is nice, Mrs. Soandso's clothes are nice, you had a nice time, E _________________.
Then you have to decide on your accent. The easiest way to give the impression of having a good accent or no foreign accent at all is to hold an unlit pipe in your mouth, to mutter between your teeth and finish all your sentences with the question: "isn't it?" People will not understand much, but they are accustomed to that and they will get a F _________________.
Прочитайте текст и выполните задания 12—18, обводя цифру 1, 2, 3 или 4, соответствующую номеру выбранного вами варианта ответа.
Tonight, do yourself a favor. Shut off the TV, log off the Internet and unplug the phone. Relax, take a bath, maybe sip some herbal tea. Then move into the bedroom. Set your alarm clock for a time no less than eight hours in the future, fluff up your pillows and lay your head down for a peaceful night of restorative shut-eye. That's what American doctors advise.
American sleep experts are sounding an alarm over America's sleep deficit. They say Americans are a somnambulant nation, stumbling groggily through their waking hours for lack of sufficient sleep. They are working longer days — and, increasingly, nights — and they are playing longer, too, as TV and the Internet expand the range of round-the-clock entertainment options. By some estimates, Americans are sleeping as much as an hour and a half less per night than they did at the turn of the century — and the problem is likely to get worse.
The health repercussions of sleep deprivation are not well understood, but sleep researchers point to ills ranging from heart problems to depression. In a famous experiment conducted at the University of Chicago in 1988, rats kept from sleeping died after two and a half weeks. People are not likely to drop dead in the same way, but sleep deprivation may cost them their lives indirectly, when an exhausted doctor prescribes the wrong dosage or a sleepy driver weaves into someone's lane.
What irritates sleep experts most is the fact that much sleep deprivation is voluntary. "People have regarded sleep as a commodity that they could shortchange," says one of them. "It's been considered a mark of very hard work and upward mobility to get very little sleep. It's a macho attitude". Slumber scientists hope that attitude will change. They say people have learned to modify their behavior in terms of lowering their cholesterol and increasing exercise. Doctors also think people need to be educated that allowing enough time for sleep and taking strategic naps are the most reliable ways to promote alertness behind the wheel and on the job.
Well, naps would be nice, but at the moment, employers tend to frown on them. And what about the increasing numbers of people who work at night? Not only must they work while their bodies' light-activated circadian rhythms tell them to sleep, they also find it tough to get to sleep after work. Biologists say night workers have a hard time not paying attention to the 9-to-5 day because of noises or family obligations or that's the only time they can go to the dentist. There are not too many dentists open at midnight.
As one might imagine, companies are springing up to take advantage of sleeplessness. One of the companies makes specially designed shift-work lighting systems intended to keep workers alert around the clock. Shiftwork's theory is that bright light, delivered in a controlled fashion, can help adjust people's biological clocks. The company president says they are using light like a medicine. So far, such special lighting has been the province of NASA astronauts and nuclear power plant workers. He thinks that in the future, such systems may pop up in places like hospitals and 24-hour credit-card processing centers. Other researchers are experimenting with everything from welder's goggles (which night workers wear during the day) to human growth hormones. And, of course, there is always what doctors refer to as "therapeutic caffeine use", but everyone is already familiar with that.
So, is a good night's sleep an impossible dream for Americans? Maybe so.
The advice of American doctors is all about
1. ways to reduce negative effect of modern technologies.
2. complex measures that ensure healthy sleep.
3. positive effect of herbal therapy.
4. the process of restoring from unexpected psychological stress.
Americans are referred to as a "somnambulant nation" because
1. they need special help to fall asleep.
2. are sleepwalkers.
3. regularly wake up at night.
4. don't get enough sleep to function effectively.
Experiments with sleep deprivation proved that
1. it inevitably leads to death.
2. its repercussions have finally become predictable.
3. it is likely to result in cardio or nervous problems.
4. animal and human reactions are almost alike.
There is a tendency to sleep less because
1. people want to look tough at any cost.
2. people think they can reduce sleeping hours without any harm.
3. people have learned to cope with less sleep just as they have learned to lower cholesterol.
4. otherwise they lose career and social opportunities.
Having naps during the day would be nice, but
1. doctors do not find them effective.
2. people won't take them voluntarily.
3. bosses are against this.
4. it is difficult to arrange.
People who work at night can hardly
1. fulfill traditional family obligations.
2. consult doctors when needed.
3. socialize to their liking.
4. ever sleep without ear-plugs.
The main aim of specially designed shift-work lighting system is
1. to help people feel alert at night.
2. to provide better lightning.
3. to prevent heart diseases.
4. to stimulate human growth hormones.
Раздел 3. Грамматика и лексика
Прочитайте приведенные ниже тексты. Преобразуйте, если необходимо, слова, напечатанные жирными буквами в конце строк, обозначенных номерами 19—25, так, чтобы они грамматически соответствовали содержанию текстов. Перенесите полученный ответ в соответствующее поле справа. Каждый пропуск соответствует отдельному заданию из группы 19 — 25. Ответ пишите без пробелов и иных знаков.
Name Everybody knows that Christopher Columbus discovered America. However, America ___________ after Amerigo Vespucci who explored the eastern coast of South America.
Be Was he really the first to reach the continent? The great Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdal believed that ancient people ___________ able to build boats that could cross oceans.
LeaveTo test his ideas, Heyerdal decided to build a copy of an ancient Egyptian boat. On May 25, 1969 the boat called Ra ___________ a port in Morocco.
SeamanOn May 17, 1970 Ra with two ___________ on board successfully crossed the Atlantic, proving that ancient civilizations had enough skill to reach America long before Columbus.
OneLabor Day is a holiday in honor of workers. On September 5, 1882 the ___________ Labor Day parade was held in New York.
Carry20,000 workers marched up Broadway, ___________ banners "Labor creates all wealth". After the parade, there were picnics all around the city.
ManyThe next year even ___________ people took part in the celebration. In 1894, Congress made it a national holiday. Today most Americans consider Labor Day the end of the summer. They enjoy the last three-day weekend on the beaches and in the parks.
Прочитайте приведенный ниже текст. Преобразуйте слова, напечатанные жирными буквам в конце строк 26—31, так, чтобы они грамматически и лексически соответствовали содержанию текста. Заполните соответствующее поле справа полученными словами. Каждое поле соответствует отдельному заданию из группы 26—31.
DefenseCastle Clinton was built in the times of Napoleonic wars and great tension between Britain and the US. New York was almost ___________ and in a short time five new forts, Castle Clinton among them, were built.
EntertainHowever, it was never used as a fortress. In 1824, it became a place of public ___________ .
ScienceA newspaper described it as a «fanciful garden, tastefully ornamented with shrubs and flowers». The garden was the setting for band concerts, fireworks and demonstrations of the latest ___________ achievements.
RemarkMany ___________ people were honored at the Garden, President Andrew Jackson among them.
VisitIn 1896 Castle Clinton became the city Aquarium and thousands of ___________ rushed to see fish that came from the waters around New York.
VaryLater exotic fish from around the world were brought to the Aquarium and the collection grew in number and ___________ .
Прочитайте текст с пропусками, обозначенными номерами 32 — 38. Эти номера соответствуют заданиям 32 — 38, в которых представлены возможные варианты ответов. Обведите номер выбранного вами варианта ответа.
Sharing music with friends Brenda is a nineteen-year old full-time college student, and she earns money working part time as a waitress. Brenda loves to listen to music like most young people, but she can't  ___ the high CD prices that record companies  ___ for popular CDs. Brenda says that the prices of CDs are ridiculously high at $17 to $20 each and there are only two or three good songs on each CD.
She  ___ an apartment with three other roommates. She pays her own  ___ and she also pays most of her  ___. Her solution to expensive CDs is to download or copy music from the Internet. Brenda and millions of other people are called «downloaders» because they download free file-sharing software and music. When Brenda later gives, shares, or trades her music files free over the Internet, she is also an uploader. She considers herself an active music uploader, but the music industry considers her a  ___. From 2001 on, the Recording Industry Association of America has sued and fined dozens of file-sharing services, for uploading music files, and hundreds of people, for  ___ the law by downloading music.
Раздел 4. Письмо
При выполнении заданий 39 и 40 особое внимание обратите на то, что Ваши ответы будут оцениваться только по записям, сделанным в БЛАНКЕ ОТВЕТОВ. Никакие записи черновика не будут учитываться экспертом. Обратите внимание также на необходимость соблюдения указанного объёма текста. Тексты недостаточного объёма, а также часть текста, превышающая требуемый объём, не оцениваются.
40. 1 Imagine that you are doing a project on the most desired domestic appliances among teenagers in Zetland. You have found some data on the subject — the results of opinion polls (see the table below). Comment on the data in the table and give your personal opinion on the subject of the project.
Write 200–250 words.
Use the following plan:
– make an opening statement on the subject of the project work;
– select and describe 2–3 main features;
– make 1–2 comparisons where relevant;
– outline a problem that can arise with domestic appliances and suggest a way of solving it;
– conclude by giving your personal opinion on the role of modern home appliances in our life.
40.2 Imagine that you are doing a project on what is important when choosing an online grocery store in Zetland. You have found some data on the subject (see the diagram below). Comment on the data in the diagram and give your personal opinion on the subject of the project.
Write 200–250 words.
Use the following plan:
– make an opening statement on the subject of the project work;
– select and describe 2–3 main features;
– make 1–2 comparisons where relevant;
– outline a problem that can arise when doing grocery shopping online and suggest a way of solving it;
– conclude by giving your personal opinion on the role of online shopping in our life.
Раздел 5. Говорение
Imagine that you are preparing a project with your friend. You have found some interesting material for the presentation and you want to read this text to your friend. You have 1.5 minutes to read the text silently, then be ready to read it out aloud. You will not have more than 1.5 minutes to read it.
Physical activity is an essential part of people’s development. Exercising as little as 30 minutes a day can greatly improve your health. Exercise makes us strong, fast, patient and disciplined. Regular physical activity is important for our overall health and well-being. Physical exercise strengthens the immune system, improves mental health and helps prevent such diseases as heart and cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity.
Regular exercise can help improve your mood, reduce the risk of chronic disease, increase energy levels and even improve sleep. Exercise causes endorphins to be released in the brain. Endorphins are chemicals produced by your body that reduce pain and can make you feel happier.
That is why exercise is the best remedy for depression and stress. Exercise also increases the flow of oxygen to the brain and improves mental clarity and memory.
If your goal is to increase your life span and to have good health, you should lead a healthy lifestyle.
Study the advertisement.
You are considering buying this Tesla phone and now you'd like tp get more information. In 1.5 minutes you are to ask four direct questions to find out the following:
- solar charging
- the number of cameras
- monthly charge for using Starlink
- battery capacity
You have 20 seconds to ask each questions.
1. Does the phone have solar charging?
2. How many cameras does the phone have?
3. What is monthly charge for using Starlink?
4. What is the battery capacity which I can use?
You are going to give an interview. You have to answer five questions. Give full answers to the questions (2-3 sentences).
Remember that you have 40 seconds to answer each question.
Interviewer: Hello everybody! It’s IT Channel. Our guest today is a teenager from Russia and we are going to discuss the Internet. We’d like to know our guest’s point of view on this issue. Please answer five questions. So, let’s get started.
Interviewer: How often do you use the Internet?
Interviewer: What do you usually use the Internet for?
Interviewer: Can the Internet be dangerous? Why?
Interviewer: Did you use the Internet for studying last year?
Interviewer: Would you like to study online instead of attending classes at school?
Interviewer: Thank you very much for the interview!
1. I use the Internet every day. I can use it for 10 hours in a day, because the Internet helps me to do the work.
2. I usually use the Internet for finding the necessary information for my study and my work. The Internet is very useful system and it gives a lot of opportunity for developing.
3. Yes, I think that the Internet can be dangerous, because sometimes there is a lot of unsafe and false information, which can lead to confusion. Also surfing the Internet can take all the day.
4. Yes, of course, I used the Internet for studying last year. I had lessons online and all my books and resourses were at the computer and in the Internet.
5. No, I wouldn't like to study online, because I prefer meeting people face to face. I like the real communication and I have a lot of friends. I want to see them from time to time.
Imagine that you are doing a project “Ways of Spending Leisure Time” together with your friend. You have found some illustrations and want to share the news. Leave a voice message to your friend. In 2.5 minutes be ready to tell the friend about the photos:
- give a brief description of the photos, justifying the choice of the photos for the project;
- say in what way the pictures are different, justifying the choice of the photos for the project;
- mention the advantages and disadvantages (1-2) of the two ways of spending leisure time;
- express your opinion on the subject of the project – which way of spending your leisure time you would prefer and why.
You will speak for not more than 3 minutes (2-3 sentences for each item of the plan, 12–15 sentences total). You have to talk continuously.
Благодарим авторов сайта langart.ru за помощь в подготовке материалов.
|№||Ваш ответ||Ответ и решение||Первичный балл|
Здесь появится результат первой части.
Нажмите на кнопку «Завершить работу», чтобы увидеть правильные ответы и посмотреть решения.